Growth Mindset

 Learning about Carol Dweck's ideas of growth mindset, I have to say there are some thing I agree with and some things I disagree with, like many others. In my opinion, Dweck, especially in her TedTalk, talks mainly of the students: what their problem is, what they can do to improve, their mindset when learning, etc. I feel like she's putting a lot of the blame on the student in a way. This is what Dave Paunesku centers his article around: what a learning environment can do better, what that environments problem is, and essentially amending the school system. 

I'm totally on Dweck's side about motivated students. If a student is not motivated, well then there's absolutely nothing even the best system can do to motivate that student. I firmly believe that no matter how good of a system you have going, there will always be a few individuals that simply aren't interested in education. 

Difficult is not impossible. Growth mindset meme blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Preston's Biochemistry Experience

Week 3 Story: Super Mario Bros