Week 2 Reading Overview

I have chosen to read Ms. Gibbs version of Ramayan this semester. Since I've begun I can tell she's extremely passionate about this subject and what it has to offer. That being said any version created by her I'm all in on. I know there will be passion in the reading, but I also am looking forward to supporting her work!


The Dance of Shiva (Character in first comic I chose) (by Khitindra Nath Mazumdar,

Vaishno Davi

The first comic I chose was Vaishno Davi. Scrolling through the page what really caught my eye was the cover of the Temples of India that contains the story of Vaishno Davi in it. In the description it explains her as the goddess of the hills, and that the story contains metaphors on the life, struggles, and powers of being a woman.

Shiva Parvati

What caught my eye with this comic was the cover and how Shiva looks to be the god of the sea. My interest in Greek/Roman Mythology was at play here instantly relating to Poseidon and Neptune.

Hindu Creation Stories

I've never heard the true creation in Hinduism. Growing up Christian and having friends that are Jewish, I have some significant background on these religions, but not Hindu. Watching the video you instantly learn how spiritual/cordial Hinduism is. Starting with Vishnu to creating the Earth to the first nab and woman, etc.

Indian and Greek Mythology Parallels

As I previously said, I have a giant interest in Greek/Roman mythology, and have since elementary school. After this video, instead of saying I have an interest in Greek/Roman mythology, I'm going to have to start saying mythology as more of a widespread meaning. I had no clue Indian mythology had so many parallels to Greek, but now I do and it makes me that much more excited for this course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Preston's Biochemistry Experience

Week 3 Story: Super Mario Bros