Microfiction: The Sky is Falling

100 Word Story: 

One day on a farm a little chicken named Chicken Little was out eating some corn his owner threw on the ground for him. While eating peacefully, he heard a loud thumb on the ground. Chicken Little instantly assumed it was the sky falling, so without further investigation, he started running through the farm yelling, "The sky is falling!" Soon enough, the pigs, cattle, ducks, horses, and even the barn mice were running with him! Finally, they got to the ranch hand of the farm. "What is all this ruckus! I was just cutting branches off the old tree by Chicken Little's pen!"

Six Word Story: 

Don't always assume everything is true.


Chicken Little. Flickr

Note: 
I used the Jataka Tale by Ellen C. Babbit titled "The Foolish, Timid Rabbit." However, I decided to add my own twist with new characters from the movie "Chicken Little."

Bibliography: 

Comments

  1. Hi Preston! I really enjoyed how you incorporated chicken little into a 100 word story. It has been quite awhile since I have seen chicken little so it was pretty funny to see you add this different perspective into an indian epics story. I thought you did a very good job with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Preston!

    I really enjoyed this short story. When I read "The Foolish, Timid Rabbit", it also made me think of Chicken Little. I haven't seen that movie in a long time but it used to be a favorite for sure. I thought this was really fun and kept the theme of the original really well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Preston's Biochemistry Experience

Week 3 Story: Super Mario Bros