Week 13 Story : The Final Standoff

Check out the latest version of this story in my portfolio! Link

Princess Peach after being rescued by Mario. Pixy.org

Author's Note :

In this story I wanted to adopt some ideals from the Mahabharata war battle scenes. The battle scene I adopted here was from the battle between Karna and Ghatotkacha. While Karna is portrayed as the "bad" guy and Ghatotkacha as the "good demon," I twisted the story a bit with the roles. In the Mahabharata, Karna is the one who possesses the one use bow, the Vijaya. He was supposed it to use to destroy Arjuna. However, he was forced to use it against Ghatotkacha. The weapon kills Ghatotkacha, and is assumed to be the reason why Karna is not able to kill Arjuna in the end. The roles I twist here are giving Mario the gift of the one use weapon, resembling the Vijaya. Therefore I set it up to where Mario represents Arjuna, and Bowser represents Karna. In the end, Bowser meets his end at the hand of Mario, just as Karna met his end from Arjuna. 

I also mix in the fate of the Ramayana by Bowser resembling Ravana, Mario resembling Rama, and Princess Peach resembling Sita. In the end, Mario destroys Bowser just as Rama destroys Ravana, and Mario rescues Princess Peach just as Rama rescues Sita. I hope you all enjoyed the final story!

Bibliography : 

Tiny Tales from the Mahabharata by Laura Gibbs

Tiny Tales from the Ramayana by Laura Gibbs





Comments

  1. I love your Mario theme’s. It is a creative outlet to build your story upon. I love the skeleton army that you brought into the story. The effort to stop Mario, and his companions has definitely not gone to waste, but just the fact that Mario has a powerful weapon ruined everything.This is a great story for bedtime. Great job with the Mario theme again. I love it so much. So iconic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Preston. I like how you wrote a story that was inspired by the Mahabharata and Mario. I like how Mario was given the boon of Bullet Bill in the story as it reminded me a lot of Mario Kart where you can hold onto your powerups until the perfect time to use them. Overall a great story and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again, Preston! I believe this is the second story I have read from you. If I remember correctly, the last story I read from you was also about Mario. It was fantastic! This is no different. You have done a fantastic job of keeping many of the key elements from the Mahabharata in tact while incorporating elements from Mario. Great work, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confirmed haha! It was your Week 3 Story. Again, great work man.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Preston's Biochemistry Experience

Week 3 Story: Super Mario Bros